|Home|||||Results|||||Schedule|||||Ring Magazine Rankings|
Golovkin and Alvarez to meet in May 5 rematch
- Shields wins decision over Gabriels; Hammer next?
- Muhammad Ali's Michigan home on the market for $2.9 million
- Spence keeps IBF title at home with quick knockout of Ocampo
- Spence to defend title at home in Texas vs Mexico's Ocampo
- Wilder trainer: Joshua agrees to title unification bout
- Vitali Klitschko honors brother in his Hall of Fame moment
- Leo Santa Cruz wins rematch with Mares by unanimous decision
- Crawford scores TKO over Horn, wins WBO welterweight title
- Mikey Garcia, Easter to unify lightweight belts July 28
- Tyson Fury wins farcical comeback fight
By The Associated Press
(AP) -- Gennady Golovkin and Canelo Alvarez will meet in a May 5 rematch with the middleweight title on the line once again, promoters said Monday.
Still to be announced is the location, though Las Vegas is considered the front runner for the fight on Cinco de Mayo weekend.
Golovkin and Alvarez fought to a controversial 12-round draw in September, after which both fighters said they wanted a rematch. It took promoters months to negotiate the terms for what is expected to be one of the biggest pay-per-view fights of the year.
The two fighters have only one loss between them, with Golovkin 37-0-1 with 33 knockouts and Alvarez 49-1-2 with 34 knockouts.
Updated January 29, 2018