|Home|||||Results|||||Schedule|||||Ring Magazine Rankings|
Golovkin and Alvarez to meet in May 5 rematch
- Joshua weighs in 11 kilograms heavier than Povetkin
- Joshua back 'home' to face Povetkin for heavyweight titles
- Charr's bout against Oquendo called off after doping test
- Close win means Alvarez and Golovkin could do it again
- Alvarez wins narrow decision for middleweight title
- The Latest: Quick KOs open TV portion of Golovkin-Alvarez
- Golovkin meets an angry Alvarez for middleweight title
- On again? Mayweather says he and Pacquiao will fight
- A year later, Golovkin, Alvarez meet with bad intentions
- Joshua says he won't be as cautious vs Povetkin as vs Parker
By The Associated Press
(AP) -- Gennady Golovkin and Canelo Alvarez will meet in a May 5 rematch with the middleweight title on the line once again, promoters said Monday.
Still to be announced is the location, though Las Vegas is considered the front runner for the fight on Cinco de Mayo weekend.
Golovkin and Alvarez fought to a controversial 12-round draw in September, after which both fighters said they wanted a rematch. It took promoters months to negotiate the terms for what is expected to be one of the biggest pay-per-view fights of the year.
The two fighters have only one loss between them, with Golovkin 37-0-1 with 33 knockouts and Alvarez 49-1-2 with 34 knockouts.
Updated January 29, 2018