|Home|||||Results|||||Schedule|||||Ring Magazine Rankings|
Golovkin and Alvarez to meet in May 5 rematch
- Parker to Joshua: 'You're going to get the full Parker'
- Ex-boxing champ pleads guilty to charges in domestic dispute
- Joseph Parker punching harder after surgery, team says
- Joshua looking to be undisputed heavyweight champion in 2018
- Gennady Golovkin thinks Canelo, De La Hoya are doping cheats
- YouTubers KSI, Logan Paul agree to box in UK, US
- Ramirez beats Imam to win WBC 140-pound title
- Ex-boxing champ Paz pleads no contest but says he's innocent
- The Latest: Ex-boxing champ Vinny Paz: 'I'm always innocent'
- Oscar Valdez wins decision in brutal bout with Scott Quigg
By The Associated Press
(AP) -- Gennady Golovkin and Canelo Alvarez will meet in a May 5 rematch with the middleweight title on the line once again, promoters said Monday.
Still to be announced is the location, though Las Vegas is considered the front runner for the fight on Cinco de Mayo weekend.
Golovkin and Alvarez fought to a controversial 12-round draw in September, after which both fighters said they wanted a rematch. It took promoters months to negotiate the terms for what is expected to be one of the biggest pay-per-view fights of the year.
The two fighters have only one loss between them, with Golovkin 37-0-1 with 33 knockouts and Alvarez 49-1-2 with 34 knockouts.
Updated January 29, 2018