Watson announces transfer from Michigan to Dayton
- Williamson stars as No. 2 Duke tops Pitt
- No. 8 Kentucky stays hot, tops Miss. St.
- No. 5 Michigan edges Minnesota at buzzer
- K-State extends No. 14 Texas Tech's skid
- Injured Vandy PG Garland to enter draft
DAYTON, Ohio (AP) Ibi Watson says he's transferring from Michigan to play basketball at Dayton.
The 6-foot-5 Watson made the announcement on his Twitter account Wednesday. Dayton also announced Watson's plans. Coach Anthony Grant says Watson has "seen firsthand what it takes to be successful at this level."
Watson played in 26 games this past season as a sophomore, averaging 2.2 points and 5.2 minutes. Michigan made it to the NCAA title game before losing to Villanova.
More AP college basketball: http://collegebasketball.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated April 25, 2018